If lots or all of your teeth are missing, we sympathise with you and understand how that is having an impact on your life internally as well as externally. The most obvious and effective way to solve the problem of missing teeth is to get dentures fitted. However, for many denture wearers, the experience of having dentures is not as good as they may have hoped it would be. The biggest complaint patients with dentures have is that they slide and slip around in the mouth, which not only makes it hard for them to speak audibly and clearly, but it also makes it virtually impossible for them to eat harder foods.
What Are Implant Retained Dentures?
At the Estetica Dental Lab in London, we offer a different kind of denture service to people who have maybe had bad experiences in the past or want to avoid the bad experiences they have heard of. Implant retained dentures is as self-explanatory as it sounds and involves implants being used to not only stabilise dentures to prevent them from slipping and sliding around the mouth and causing disruption to everyday functions such as speaking and eating, this has a very obvious knock-on effect for their self confidence and esteem.
It should be noted though, that it does involve you having to undergo some oral surgery for the implants to be inserted into the jawbone appropriately.
The 4 to 6 implants used are made from titanium as this has the capability of biologically merging with surrounding bone to make for a strong and permanent foundation that will support the implants themselves as well as the dentures.
Major Benefits Of Implant Retained Dentures
If you are interested, but still need convincing somewhat, then we have put together a list of some of the great benefits of opting for implant retained dentures.
- As they do not require as much bone for placement, they are a far less invasive procedure and you will not have to wait for a period of time for the denture to properly fuse with the bone surrounding it.
- As the use of mini implants negates the need to take a bone grafting, the recovery time and cost of the procedure are greatly reduced.
- Compared to standard implants, mini implants are by name and design much smaller and therefore cost less and require less surgery time to be placed.
- As small a number as 4 implants are capable of holding dentures firmly in place.
- If you already have dentures, they may be able to be augmented to snap onto the implants you have inserted into your jawbone.
- Because implant retained dentures have a more natural feel, they enable you to enjoy the food you like without compromise. As they can handle more pressure than ordinary dentures, it means you do not have to miss out on healthier food such as lean meats, nuts and raw fruit and vegetables.
- Not only are they more comfortable, but they do not require any dental adhesives to keep them in place.
- Because they don’t move around, you will not suffer from mouth sores and tender gums.
- As they don’t cause bone loss, your facial structure will remain the same and you will look years younger.
With the benefits in mind, if you are definitely interested in having implant retained dentures as a replacement or your first dentures, and you are in the greater London area, please contact Estetica Dental Lab to arrange a consultation appointment initially. From there on you will be informed what is actually involved and we’ll be booked in for your treatment.